Monday, April 11, 2011

Stewie Update

On Saturday, my wonderful chihuhua Stewie, slipped a disk in his back. We have no idea how it happened, but over the course of Saturday and Sunday, Stu lost all use of his back legs and the ability to pee. I have never seen anything so scary and desperately sad. We went to three different vets (one saturday, two Sunday) and finally found one that actually knew what they were talking about. They sent him home Sunday night, but Monday morning he was much worse. So we took him back and they immediately put him into surgery.

He is now out of surgery and so far all the signs are good that he will make a full recovery.

But I have to say this has been so hard, I had no idea how hard the idea of loosing your dog is, especially after only a year and a half.

So if you have time say a little pray for Stu!!!

I will keep you updated!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...have been thinking and praying for Stu all day! Love him! Milly, Willy, and Toby have been talking about him also and hoping hevgets better soon! Here's to a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that Katie! I can't imagine what you're going through, hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's from molly, not taylor :) i'm on his account i guess! but taylor is thinking of stewie too!

    ReplyDelete