Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How do I get myself into this stuff?

I don't know if any of the rest of you have this problem, but I always manage to get myself into crazy and sometimes stupid situations that I later regret. These situations tend to happen way less frequestly as I get older, but they still happen none the less. Case in point. In August, I was in the midst of training for the San Francisco Womens Marathon (which is awesome, I highly recommend). I was running a ton, feeling great, so when my friend Jihaye asked me if I wanted to do the New Orleans Ironman 70.3, it took very little convincing. So I paid my $250 in entry fees (yeah crazy) and started to freak out immediately

Well this is Katie now.....

Except I would never wear those boots
So after I moved back to the ville. I figured that I would fade away, out of the mind of my friend Jihaye, she would forget all about me. No, not the case, In mid December I get an e-mail that she has booked us hotel rooms :(  well crud.... now I actually have to do this thing. I can't blow a farily sizable amount of money on this race and not do it.

So I'm still looking for motivation, and trust me, I'm starting all over, after my several weeks months of inactivity. But have no fear, this will be me, in a short couple months.



I actally don't know if its possible but I will keep everyone updated as I progress.

If you want more info for the race here's the link.

4 comments:

  1. hahahah- this picture cracks me up! And yes, you always do get yourself in these "situations", but it's never anything you can't handle! You will rock this race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sh*t, that is crazy! But I agree, you will rock this race!
    Good luck with training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan stole my words...holy sh*t, YOU are crazy! But you can do it. You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I third the holy shi*t :) HA! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete