Thursday, June 21, 2012

Growing up & Out

For those of you that still check my blog. I bet you are suprised I'm actually posting. Me too! It has been since October. I'm a horrible horrible blogger. But I'm making a mid years resolution to try and be more active on this sucker. There are a couple reasons for this.

1. My mom and friend Brittany keep hounding me to start blogging. I guess hounding is a strong word, maybe encouraging is a better term.

2. As Barry and I are expecting a baby in December I feel its necessary to try and document the pregnancy.

Yes, for those of you that just choked on your drink. Barry and I are expecting, I'm pregnant, knocked up, with child, or however you want to put it. Crazy right. I totaly agree an I'm as shocked as you are. I'm really excited but totally terrified all at the same time. When did we get so old, and when did I become a responsible adult old enough to raise a child? I was still scared to tell my parents. I felt like a 16 year old girl, although my mom had me at the same age I am now.

I'm 15 weeks as of yesterday. So our due date is 12-12-12. I really hope that baby actually arrives on that day!!

Here I am yesterday, with a bit of a belly! (I would like to preface the picture with "wow this is horrible, I normally do not look like this")


Haha, I laugh looking at myself. My boobs are actually much bigger in real life then they appear on the screen. It's scary really, I hope they stop growing.

Sidenote: if you remember a post from last May, that cute giant puppy next to me is Doc who is now over a year old.

Moving on. We don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl. We currently refer to "it/baby" as a "he" becuase Barry is 100% sure that "it/baby" will be a boy. I'm rooting for him, but I don't have any idea at all.

I actually found out about being pregnant 3 hours after Barry left for Vegas in March. I had to keep the secret all weekend, and over the course of that weekend took 5 pregnancy tests. I'm very happy I did test it though as I was really excited to a wine filled girls weekend!

I will be back next week for 16 weeks, and hopefully I will have a sonogram picture to share. Actually I don't know if the doctor does a sonogram at 16 weeks or not. It will be a suprise!

5 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! And yes, I will continue to hound you to post throughout your pregnancy because I promise that there will be things you want to remember that by the time the little baby arrives you will have completely forgotten about!!! So excited for you and Barry and cannot wait to see your little bump in just a few weeks for Lauren's wedding :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Brittany, you'd better keep up your posts!! I'm so excited for you! You will be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting Katie! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see you at Lauren's wedding! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you, Katie!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally the world knows! You will have to use all of the Barb mom tricks when your child is a teenager! So excited to see you again in July! Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete