Monday, February 28, 2011

Engaged!!!

Well I know it has been a really long time since I last blogged, that is because there wasn't a whole lot going on, except eating, so maybe I will post those adventures in Bricktown, a bit later.

But way way more exciting is that this weekend Barry and I got engaged!!!!!!!!

It was totally unexpected and perfect, so I guess I should tell you all the story.

Saturday morning my two best friends, Brittany and Lauren came to Bartlesville to play. Barry and his roommate, Greg, were planning to meet us in Tulsa for dinner. So the girls and I went antique shopping (which I realize is not my strong suit, I don't have the "vision") Then we went to Utica Square in Tulsa. Brittany who has ESP or something said "maybe he will propose tonight?" Lauren whispered back, "Don't get her hopes up" - ha ha, I was thinking, "Well he is for sure not going to do anything tonight, cause he would have told the girls and they would have never said anything like that if they knew something".

Anyways while shopping I pick up a Dachshund notepad for Barry, which is a really dumb gift, but it was really cute. I immediately text Barry to tell him I have a surprise for him.

Me: I have an awesome surprise for you!!
Barry: What is it?
Me: I can't tell you
Barry: Does this mean I have to stop and get you something cause I always have better surprises
Me: You do not!! and no you don't have to get me anything

So the girls and I get to Red Rock, the worlds best restaurant. Lauren and I order our first of two bottles of wine! It was awesome.


During dinner, we delight Greg and Barry with stories of all the stupid crap that the three of us did in high school and college, including sneaking out of house, drinking, etc.

Barry decided he wanted his surprise, so I noticed him getting my keys from my purse and I knew he was going to try and sneak out there to see it. I told him that it really wasn't anything cool, and that we could get it after dinner, so he went to the "bathroom" instead. He still stole my keys but claimed he didn't go to the car!

After dinner and lot of wine, the boys were going to head back to Norman, so I went to my trunk to show Barry his notepad, which seems really stupid now, but I thought it was cute!

Barry: Wow...... a notepad that goes under my wrists, so the more I use it, the less useful it becomes
Me: haha, you hate all my surprises
Barry: Now do you want yours?
Me: You got me something?
Barry: Yep its in your car!
Me: (As I'm walking to his car) What did you get me?
Barry: YOUR CAR
Me: (I open my car door and see a lovely little box sitting on the dash) BARRY what did you do??

Then I start crying, and Barry proposes!! Meanwhile Brittany and Lauren are screaming and taking lots of pictures:

While he was talking to me

After I didn't know what hand the ring went on!

I had to take off my glasses cause they kept fogging up with all the crying and cold!


All in all, it was an amazing night, that I got to share with the love of my life and my best friends!!!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! BTW - I'm going to need a close-up picture of that ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. katie! congratulations!! that's so awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS Katie! I heard the news but am so glad you posted the story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I didn't know you had a blog!

    CONGRATS on the engagement! That is so exciting! :)

    Hope all is great with you,
    Callie

    ReplyDelete